In races that force you to switch over to rain tires, use Intermediate Rain tires. Racing Rain tires don't quite serve your purpose, especially in those long 24-hour Endurance races. Racing Rain tires also have less grip, and force you to burn the tires up trying to keep the pace up. Also another tip that is safe to say is that Rain tires last about as half the amount of distance, compared to regular tires. i.e. On Circuit de la Sarthe at Le Mans: 10 laps on Racing Soft tires = 5 laps on Intermediate Rain tires.
In B-Spec events you can win all races, get maximum credits and train your driver with almost no time investment with this simple strategy: Play A-Spec events to level 23. This will give you access to cars that easily win the lower levels. Now begin the B-Spec events, giving your novice driver the best car for the race. It will take just a few seconds to get him into the lead, then you can tell him to maintain the current pace and he will win the race without any additional coaching. You can repeat any B-Spec race and rack up phenomenal credits with almost no time invested.
Higher Level Grinding
If you are looking for experience at the expense of some grinding for high endurance levels, race your Formula GT car (assuming you have one) in the Indianapolis race of the Dream Car Championship, it takes under 7 minutes and you get 9819 xp points and 108000 credits which works out to be 78552 xp points and 864000 credits in about one hour of real time
Time-Saving Gear Shift (Automatic)
In Automatic Transmission mode, you can hold R2 to stay in the same gear. Use this to maintain speed through a corner or stretch a gear for slightly more speed and performance.
Win a Very Fast Toyota Minolta 88-CV Easily
At level 21, you unlock a race called "Like the Wind" in the expert hall. You most likely do not have a vehicle that will be able to keep up with the LeMans cars you are pitted against. However, golds in both of these races will earn you a Toyota Minolta 88-CV, which will be useful in many races to come. It's a very tricky event, so your car setup and driving technique are crucial. Follow these steps to take the gold and guarantee your first purebred race car.
1. Buy a Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 '09. This car has the upgrades available that you will need.
2. After step one, you will need around $500,000 to upgrade this vehicle.
3. Go to GT Auto, and buy the Racing Modification for the car. (It should be at the very end of the menu.)
4. Now that your Corvette is light and ready for the tracks, you will need power to keep up with those LM Cars.
5. In the tuning shop, buy every high end modification you can, including the supercharger. Be sure to get every bit of HP possible into your Vette.
Now, it's Race Day! Follow the next steps to ensuring gold.
1. You will need to fine-tune the setup. Go to car settings (the wrench icon) and tune your transmission to a top speed of 242. Set the car's downforce (Body and Aero) to the highest possible number on the front and back.
2. The second race on Indy is the toughest, so get that out of the way first: You will need to slipstream to stay up with the others. At the corners, cut inside to overtake your opponents. After a lap or two, you should be pretty close to first, if you haven't reached it. This is the hard part: you will have to block the fast LM cars from taking your spot, so looking backwards in third person is the best way to drive on the straights.
3. After you finally win this one, complete the other. There isn't much to say, but don't slam cars too hard, for your downforce is high and easy to upset. When you pull ahead, you will probably gain a large lead.
Enjoy your new Toyota Minolta 88-CV!
Additions by soi_sunny: To win the race called Like the Wind at level 21 in extreme series for les money all you need is a Pagani Zonda R, which can be won by completing the B-Spec GT World Championship race in the Professional series. Get the car up to the maximum BHP and buy some Racing Soft tires (very important). Fine tune the car before entering the race. Set the top speed to 242 under the trasmission settings and then set the downforce of the car to the top number for both front and back. Beat those monster cars and win yourself a very fact Toyota Minolta.
Cars With Racing Mods
The 17 cars (out of about 1000) which have race/racing mods available.
- Chevrolet Camaro Z28 '69
- Chevrolet Camaro SS '10
- Acura NSX '91
- Lotus Elise '96
- Lotus Elise 111R '04
- Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX GSR '05
- Nissan SILVIA spec-R AERO (S15) '02
- TVR Tuscan Speed 6 '00
- Subaru IMPREZA Sedan WRX STI spec C Type RA '05
- Suzuki Cappuccino (EA21R) '95
- Volkswagen Golf IV GTI '01
- Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C6) '06
- Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 (C6) '09
- Dodge Challenger R/T '70
- Honda CIVIC TYPE R (EK) '97
- Honda INTEGRA TYPE R (DC5) '04
- Lexus IS F '07
When you first purchase or win a car, change the oil and you will see instant gains in your horsepower.