Early Access to Flood Town (Non UGC Method)
To access flood town before finishing the mission (Powering Up Flood Town.) You need two powers: 1. Static thrusters 2. Ice Launch (Which you obtain by swapping powers with Kuo, in the mission Storm The Front.)
Climb the structure then run on the wide beam, when you reach the end press R2 to activate Ice Launch and immediately use AND hold the Thrusters, you should be airborne. Then gently move away from under the lifted bridge. You should reach the end and grab the ledge.
Start a blank mission in the UGC Editor. Move your marker to a location. Exit the editor without saving (press X) and Cole will appear in that location.
Unlimited XP Cheat
Use your hard-earned XP to purchase powers while in a User Generated Level and, when you exit, you'll have your starting XP amount and all the powers you purchased!
Note: This only seems to work on certain UGC missions.
Infinite Energy via Body Batteries
You need 'Evil Karma' for this. Equip your Alpha Bolt and repeatedly shoot a body until it glows blue/red with electricity, then drain for an energy boost. You can repeat this for infinite energy.
Access Flood Town Early
You can use the Mission Editor to access Flood Town early. Move the marker to a bridge to Flood Town and raise it high above the bridge. Exit the Mission Editor and Cole will appear high in the air in the exact spot above the bridge. Using the height to your advantage, Thrust all the way past the raised bridge to Flood Town!
Access All Powers
Retain Infamous 2 saved game files for completed story modes as Bad (Infamous) Cole and Good (Heroic) Cole and you will have the ability to access (purchase) the powers and abilities that were "Karma Locked" during your initial two playthroughs. You'll also get 15,000 XP to spend on the new moves.
This bonus is saved to the Infamous 2 master file on your PlayStation3, and cascades to all "cleared" games.
Note: You still purchase the powers to be able to use them. Happy fun XP-grinding. Story-related powers are not unlocked.
Infamous 1 Trophy Data Bonuses for Infamous 2
From the main title screen, players can choose to import Trophy data from the original game that will grant access to in-game perks in Infamous 2:
- Good or Evil Trophies from Infamous (not full good or full evil, just some) - Start Infamous 2 at level 1 good Karma or level 1 evil Karma
- Trophies indicating players collected 25% of the blast shards from Infamous - Yields free energy cores in Infamous 2
- Trophies indicating players collected 50% or more of the blast cores in Infamous - Unlocks two free energy cores
- Infamous 1 Completest Trophy - Finished Infamous with any karma standing on any difficulty, unlocks 1000xp bonus for Infamous 2.
- Specific Trophies indicate decisions made in Infamous reflect side missions, Dead Drops and even dialog variety in Infamous 2.
Note that if you've replaced your hard drive, you won't get an option to use old data until you install inFamous 1.
Zeke and the Thievius Raccoonus
In one of the cut scenes you approach Zeke reading a book. If you can spot the title you can see he's reading 'Thievius Raccoonus.' This is a reference to the Sucker Punch game Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus.
Red Ring Zinger
In New Marais there is a store called Red Ring electronics repair, with a flashing red neon sign that resembles a dead Xbox 360 light. Zing!
Video Game References on Theater Signs
On the Hush Theater in New Marais, the movie board has some titles. The titles are all parodies of real video games.
- Assassin's Need is a parody of the Assassin's Creed series.
- Hey, Low Reach is a parody of Halo Reach.
- No Need for Speed is a parody of the Need for Speed series.
- Epic Hickey is a parody of Epic Mickey.
- Little Big Unit is a parody of Little Big Planet.
- Latch it and Skank spoofs Ratchet and Clank.
- SLY is a parody of SuckerPunch's own Sly Cooper series.
- Uncharted Love is a parody of the Uncharted series.
- Solid Serpent The man, The Movie is a parody of Metal Gear Solid series
- Call of Booty is a parody of Call of Duty series
Pain Builds Character Trophy Requisites
To properly start a game on Hard difficulty, you need to change the difficulty from the Options Menu, and then start a "New Game" (which abandons your current session).
If you choose to set the difficulty level once you exercise control of Cole MacGrath, you already failed the criteria of starting a New Game on Hard. Set it, then start it to satisfy this Trophy condition. (Note: Tempt_Not_the_Blade claims the difficulty must be set as soon as the menu can be brought up at the very beginning of the game.
The player MUST WAIT until credits have finished rolling and 'Congratulations' screen appears to meet requirements. Wait a few seconds and the Trophy will be awarded.